Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
2. Weston's photographic style consisted of using an 8"x10" view camera. His style changed from pictorialism to straight photography (including humans and nature) in the middle of his career. Some of his most famous photos include "Pepper #30", "Dunes, Oceano", and "Nude, 1936".
2. Adams had a unique photographic style. In his photographs, he used what is known is as the "zone system", which was a way to determine the right amount of exposure and adjust the contrast of the final piece. He used large-format view cameras, which helped sharpen his photos. Ansel Adams loved to take pictures of outdoor features and landmarks. such as the Half Dome, Mt. Williamson, New Mexico, and the Sierra. Some of his most famous photographs include Monlith, Rose and Driftwood, Yosemite Valley, Clearing Winter Storm, Ice on Ellery Lake, New Mexico, and Aspens, New Mexico.
3. My favorite Ansel Adams photograph is:
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
During the 1960s, Warhol began painting popular American products and various celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe. Then he began producing prints using the silk screen method. He continued painting and silk screening consumerism throughout his life. He even stated "
During the 1960s, Warhol began painting popular American products and various celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe. Then he began producing prints using the silk screen method. He continued painting and silk screening consumerism throughout his life. He even stated "I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're so beautiful. Everything's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
2. Who are some of the famous people or things he has photographed?
Campbells Soup, Marilyn Monroe, Coca-Cola, Troy Donahue, Elizabeth Taylor
3.Post your favorite Warhol image to your blog.
- What are the three basic elements of a camera? The lens, the film, and the camera body
- What is an SLR camera? A camera where the photographer can see the exact image that is on the film and can adjust everything by turning buttons.
- What is the purpose of a camera's aperture? The camera's aperture is the amount of light let into the camera and onto the picture. A smaller aperture lets in less light while a larger aperture lets in more light.
- What does shutter speed on a camera control? The shutter speed controls how much light is let into the camera.
- To get the right exposure for a picture, what three things must be balanced? film speed, aperture size, shutter speed
- To take pictures outside on a very sunny day, would you use a high or low film speed? Why? Low speed film because they are optimal for brighter shots.
- What are the four steps for developing black and white film?
-the film is placed in developing agent
-rinsing film with water, or using "stop" bath
-fixing bath. The fixer dissolves only silver-halide crystals, leaving the silver metal behind.
-film is washed with water to remove all the processing chemicals.
- What things are needed to make a black and white print?
- For a black and white print, the final image is actually what material?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
this is an example of unity because alot of different colors have been put together to make it unified.
This picture shows some different fruits all put together in one picture.
This picture is a great example of balance because it shows some very uneven shaped rocks balanced on one another.
The person who took this picture really put alot of emphasis on the bee attempting to pollinate the flower.
This picture has very good contrast because it shows the sun shining on the ocean and it is very still which gives the picture its contrast.
This picture shows a good pattern repeating throughout the picture.
This picture shows value because it contrast black a white very nicely.
This picture has alot of very nice shape to it because it has alot of unique lines to it.
This picture is a good example of form because it is just a figure with missing details.
This picture is a nice example of line because it shows some naturally made lines.
This picture shows alot of texture especially towards the center of the wood.
This picture shows some different colors meshed together.